Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 3

10% to my goal in the Whole30!  Today was good and I felt better than I have the past couple of days.  I got to try out my second Paleo recipe:  Shredded pork tenderloin with caramelized plantains and baked sweet potatoes.  Now, while I'm sure that the recipe I followed is a good one, the mashed plantains didn't work out so well in my blender.  However, the whole fried plantains were good and I wish that I hadn't "wasted" the ones that I mashed.  Only having cooked plantains once before (and then with very un-Paleo rum and sugar) the problem could have been my lack of experience in choosing and prepping suitable plantains.

If you'd like to try the recipe I found it at PaleOMG:  http://paleomg.com/easy-shredded-pork-caramelized-mashed-plantains/

Tomorrow morning I'm attending my first meeting of Vipassana meditation at a local Unitarian Fellowship.  I've been interested in mindfulness meditation for years and have attended a small workshop as well as meditated on my own a few times.  If you'd like to find out more about this type of meditation, I HIGHLY recommend "Mindfulness in Plain English" by Bhante Gunaratana.  Which is also available in free PDF format here at Urban Dharma.

No comments:

Post a Comment