Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 2

Today I got the chance to try out a new recipe.  I made Coconut Curry Chicken in the crockpot and sauteed some zucchini and yellow squash for the side.  While I didn't follow this recipe exactly, this is a good facsimile of what I did http://fastpaleo.com/slow-cooker-chicken-curry/

I used 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced button mushrooms, a quartered Vidalia onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 can coconut milk, 1/2 can chicken broth, juice from 1/2 a lime, 2 tbsp Thai Kitchen red curry paste, 1tsp cumin, black pepper and salt.  Threw it all into the crockpot and cooked on high for about an hour and then low for about 3 1/2 hours.

It was super easy and very delicious.  Tomorrow I'm making shredded pork loin with caramelized plantains so check back for that recipe and the results.

I woke up with a lingering headache from yesterday which persisted most of the day in spite of drinking lots of water and taking a Goody's powder when desperate.  Fortunately if finally eased up.

I'm taking it easy with physical activity this week until my body begins to adjust to the new way of eating, but I played some Just Dance Kids 2 with my son on the Xbox Kinect.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I worked up a sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment